Mother Tongue Multilingual Mega-Mic!
With the Mother Tongue community growing all the time, our next Mother Tongue multilingual poetry event will be all open-mic! There will be plenty of spots for everyone to share poetry in a language other than English.
- All languages are welcome, but poems must include a language other than English.
- You are encouraged to share an introduction, or a translation, in English, the shared language of the audience and performers. But this is not compulsory.
- All styles of poetry are welcome - from traditional forms to contemporary to rap.
- We love to hear your original poetry, but you are also welcome to - share a favourite by another poet, a family member or a friend.
- Feel free to mix up your languages! There is no limit to the languages you use, or the way you use them.
Open mic slots are 4 minutes long, including any introduction or translation. If you would like to share a longer piece, or two poems that take longer than 4 minutes in total, we may fit you in if time allows.
SIgn up in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or take your chance on the night!